Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Selections: Lighthouse


As I mentioned in my holiday post, we visited the Split Point lighthouse at Aireys Inlet last week, and were able to do a tour, which was quite fascinating. My husband took a lot of photos on the day, and later used Hugin to stitch together some pretty impressive panoramas, such as these:



Looking up at the lighthouse from the ground, with the clouds scudding by, made for some interesting shots and also delivered a convincing sensation of movement (and for me, more vertigo than looking down from the top!)



I love the spiral staircase photos. So freaky :-)



And C's eye through the piece of crystal we were given to examine ... ahhhhhh.


Kim at frogpondsrock runs Sunday Selections each week, a photography meme for people to show off shots that might otherwise never see the light of day. There's always good links to follow if you like beautiful photos!

5 comments:

  1. There is something incredibly romantic about lighthouses. I loved these photos though the spiral staircase made my stomach lurch.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful wonderful photos Kathy. The first spiral staircase reminds me of a photo my friend took in the Gadaffi Mosque. I have always wanted to live in a lighthouse. Thank you for the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just what you mean about the vertigo! These are wonderful photos. I especially like the spiral staircases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the spiral staircase photos. I spent time in a much smaller lighthouse myself just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love lighthouses. I want to live in a converted one.

    ReplyDelete