Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy birthday

Happy birthday, my secondborn baby girl!

Today you are 6, and we celebrated with family and close friends, with laughter and jelly, chips and pillow fights, frankfurts and ice-cream cake.

Next week you'll enjoy your party with your schoolfriends at a no doubt loud and frenetic playcentre, but today was about home comforts and beloved adults surrounding you, games with friends' children who are as close as cousins and as dear.

Such a beautiful lot of gifts you received - a red knitted dress made by your grandmother, books, games, craft supplies, a party silk dress, and, to your great excitement, a digital camera of your very own, and your wonderful pink guitar. Now, worn out from the excitement, you and your sisters are curled up on the couch watching an old Wiggles DVD. Your arm is wound around the 2 year old's neck gently, and your eyes look sleepy.

I wish you many more such birthdays, lovely girl. I look forward to seeing you grow into your years, to being part of that in whatever way you need and want me to. I love you with all my heart, and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment