Monday, May 23, 2011

Rainy day playlist

I've just finished re-reading Nick Hornby's wonderful 1995 novel, High Fidelity, and it, along with the companionship and support that music is providing to both cold-ridden toddler & I today, has inspired me to do a Top Five Songs for a Wet, Cold Monday.

So here they are ... my Top Five.

1. Can't Stand the Rain by the Rescues
up up up
doom and gloom
clouds gathering
up up over my head...

">2. Rainy Days and Mondays by the Carpenters
What I've got they used to call the blues:
Nothin' is really wrong;
Feelin' like I don't belong;
Walkin' around, some kind of lonely clown;
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...

3. Rain by the Beatles
If the rain comes they run and hide their heads.
They might as well be dead.
If the rain comes, if the rain comes...

4. Raindrops keep fallin' on my head by Burt Bacharach
Raindrops keep falling on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are falling on my head, they keep falling...

5. Kathy's Song by Simon & Garfunkel
(Well, obviously I was going to have this one ;-)
I hear the drizzle of the rain
Like a memory it falls
Soft and warm continuing
Tapping on my roof and walls...

Ah, music. It makes all weathers possible (with tea and sympathy, naturally ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment