Friday, October 21, 2011

Things I Know


Well, let's see what I know after a few days offline ...

I know spring has sprung, the grass is riz, and the roses are exploding with blossoms.

I know what my NaNoWriMo project for this year is going to be, and I have a title, a synopsis, and a clear idea of how to begin.

I know that morning tea with other bloggers is great fun, and that Karen is a generous and gracious hostess.

I know that giving my 8 year old a day off school to come along to the morning tea with me was the right decision and a special thing for her as she begins her blogging life.

I know that all the kids thought the Wild Action show at the morning tea was a huge hoot, and that I was as fascinated as they were with the lizards.


I know that getting stuck in execrable traffic on the way to and from the morning tea was an unexpected boon, as it gave my 8 year old girl and I a chance to have some real in depth talking time.

I know that I enjoyed the time offline and that it settled my head a lot, and gave me undistracted time to sort out several niggling household issues that had been hanging around way too long.

And I know that, much as I think #pbevent would have been fun, I'm content to be spending my day with my beautiful toddler, just baking, painting pictures, playing trains, and singing in the rain.



For more things that people know, check out Yay for Home!

5 comments:

  1. how lovely having special time with your 8yo! I am sure she will remember it fondly forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, "Rose's" blog is so sweet. My 11 year old jumped into the world of blogging earlier this year.

    Good luck with NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that I am just a tad envious that you have a title, synopsis AND a plot! I have a title, and a few loose idea... I must be off my rocker! Go you! I also know your toddler is just absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My roses are out in bloom too and they are gorgeous. Going to Karen's sounded like fun. Glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was lovely to see you the other day :) We need more intimate and less formal blogger get togethers!

    I am thinking that I am going to start staying offline on the weekends. I am not on anywhere near as much as I was, but I think giving myself some dedicate offline time might help me be better focussed with the time I do have.

    Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete