Friday, January 21, 2011

Favourite songs

My 7-year-old's most favourite song in the entire world at this moment is this one:



Well, it's probably lineball between this one and two other Indigo Girls songs, Love's Recovery and Go. Very possibly this is influenced by the fact that I am taking her with me to the Indigo Girls concert in Melbourne in April, fulfilling the promise I made her in 2007 when they were last out and I went to the concert solo.

(I love so many Indigo Girls songs that I couldn't pick a favourite, but with my 7 year old, I lift my voice to sing "Oh how I wish I were a trinity, so if I lost a part of me / I'd still have two of the same to live / But nobody gets a lifetime rehearsal, as specks of dust we're universal..." Ah, Love's Recovery. One of those truly great songs).

My 5 year old's favourite song is harder to pin definitely, but she's in a pretty heavy-duty They Might Be Giants phase. I asked her what her favourite TMBG songs were, and she picked these two:





Where DO they make balloons, indeed? (OK, it's probably in a rubber factory, but for kids it's a big ponderable mystery).

As for the 23-month-old, she would certainly nominate a Wiggles song, and this one gets the most constant airplay at the moment:



The Wiggles do The Beatles. Very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment