Monday, January 30, 2017

January Goal Review

So as the first month of the year draws to a close, I thought I'd look at how I went with the goals I set myself in each of my three target areas for 2017 (fitness, household organisation, and creative life).

My goals were:

Fitness - Walk for a minimum of 30 minutes a day
Creative - Complete Month of Poetry with one poem produced each day
Household - Complete kids' rooms clean-out, recarpeting and room swap

I have, mostly, hit my targets for the month.

I slammed it in the latter two categories - the kids' rooms are completely done, look great, and we have tossed out an epic amount of junk, which feels awesome. And I have indeed written a poem every day in January - granted, there's still a day to go, but I don't think I'm going to drop the ball now!

With the walking, I didn't manage every day, due to getting horribly gastro sick in the latter part of the month (probably, but not certainly, as a result of being glutened), which had me bed / couch bound for three days and rather exhausted for a few more. I will say that every day I was healthy, I did at least 30 minutes, so that's a pretty good outcome anyway.

So for February, the goals in each area are:

Fitness - Work with physio / personal training practice to develop suitable exercise program
Creative - Add 10,000 words to one of my half-finished novel works in progress (The True Size of the Universe)
Household - Clean out my chest of drawers and cupboard

Given that February also contains school-start shenanigans, my youngest's 8th birthday festivities, and about 3.5-4 days a week of booked paid work, I think that's more than enough to be going on with.

No comments:

Post a Comment